Tuesday, October 7, 2008

How New Jersey can win the election for McCain

I sent a version of this to Jim Geraghty; I hope he runs with it:

You're the Campaign Spot dude, so tell me if this is a good idea or not (I haven't heard it floated elsewhere, but surely someone else must have thought of it):

How about McCain decamp from my hometown of Nashville after tonight's debate and go to the town of Fort Dix, NJ. I know he can't use the base itself, but how about a stem-winder about the soldiers and their dates Bill Ayers (or perhaps more specifically the Weather Underground) tried to kill at a dance - maybe from the hall itself (if it's standing and if it's not on base). I can't imagine a more powerful way to drive home the question "Who is this Bill Ayers guy anyway?". I was shocked to read (at The Corner) that a voter in NEW JERSEY, an Obama supporter who watched Hannity's show on Sunday night, didn't know that answer. Spell out who Ayers is, what he has done, and let Obama field the questions later.

Am I missing something, or is this an opportunity waiting for exploitation?


UPDATE: Great minds think alike! I just checked the Campaign Spot and guess what leads at 12:29 pm EST (I sent my e-mail at 12:14 pm EST)? The idea that McCain should visit Fort Dix! New Jersey and McCain - puhh-fict togethah (if you didn't see the old Tom Kean tourism spots, you wouldn't get that last joke)

UPDATE 2: From Geraghty the Indispensable: Great idea, Paul. I'm putting up a post in this vein shortly...

No comments: