Friday, October 31, 2008

Phillies Parade

I attended the Phillies World Series Parade celebration today and it was aweome. There must have been 2 million people there. I tokk my 10 year old son and his two friends and we met up with my sister and twon nephews. A great time was had by all.

We ended up sitting in Lincoln Financial Field, the Eagles football stadium. The primary celebration took place in Citizens Bank Park, but there was also a great ceremony at the Linc. Charley Manual entered in a car bearing the World Series trophy, followed by all of the players on foot. Charley, Shane Victorino and hometown boy Jamie Moyer addressed the crowd, which was all dressed in red.

I must confess that I got a little teary - eyed when I saw the world championship trophy as it reminded me of Aunt Em. RIP Em - we finally did it !!!

No comments: