Wednesday, September 3, 2008

No sexism here

Geraghty wrote this tongue in cheek, and it's great. However, the media melt-down of the past 48 hours is an abomination that reflects rather poorly on the state of the culture, making Geraghty's light tone seem inappropriate. I am absolutely appalled by the media treatment of Palin and her family. I can't find words to express my disgust.

So, instead, I look toward tonight's speeches with good cheer. Huckabee just dropped a great line: "Sarah Palin got more votes running for the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska than Joe Biden got running for President of the United States".

The line of the night, though, will come from Sarah Palin herself: "I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a ‘community organizer,’ except that you have actual responsibilities.

No comments: