Monday, September 15, 2008

The New She-Ron?

I am resisting this meme just a bit, as I don't think that Reagan's depth of knowledge of world affairs, even after the publication of his own writings, has ever been properly acknowledged by the media solons and pop historians. Thus, until SHP shows the same depth of thought into the major issues of the day (Reagan was focused very much on communism, and the Soviet Union in particular), I feel the need to lay off the "New Reagan" meme (not that I don't want to believe it, mind you).

Her instincts are sound, her record is solid, and she betrays the right kind of approach to politics that make me hopeful that she could be the face of conservatism in the early 21st century, as Reagan became that face in the last quarter of the last century. Time will tell. And from her perch as VP, she will have a great vantage point for examining the issues, and becoming the face of a new era in politics.

No comments: