Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sunday Odds and Ends



Sorry I've been away for a while...been fighting some kind of stomach bug and sinus/allergy problem all week. Between that, BTR co-hosting duties, book promoting and other special projects, I haven't had time to post on P-D, or anywhere else for that matter.

However, that doesn't mean I don't have valuable things to share. Here is the Sun-Sentinel article on the healthcare debate and protests outside of Robert Wexler's office. Elaine Laffey and I are both quoted, although space constraints obviously prevented the reporter from printing a full account of my views. Overall though, it's pretty even-handed.

Last night, I joined Steve Rosenblum on the Conservative Republican Forum (formerly known as the South Florida Conservative Republican Forum), where we interviewed Congressman Thaddeus McCotter of Michigan. If you haven't experienced the Congressman's Bob Newhart-style sense of humor on Red Eye, definitely check it out. He's a true statesman and patriot.

Later in the evening, I spent a lively 90 minutes talking with Premo Mondone of Red State Town Hall, covering a variety of topics including the Sotomayor confirmation hearings, the resurgence of freedom protests in Iran, the 40th anniversaries of landing on the moon and the death/murder of Mary Jo Kopechne.

No comments: