Friday, July 10, 2009

More on Palin's Decision

From The Weekly Standard:

Why is Palin leaving? At this writing, there is no reason to doubt her stated position: Her enemies' concerted efforts to tear her down have caused her family financial stress and distracted her from her duties as governor. Since she returned to Alaska in November 2008, she has been hemmed in. Ethics complaints, insults, invective, undue attention, and legal bills have been all-consuming. "I can't fight for what's right when I'm shackled to the governor's seat," Palin said. For the last seven months the governor's office has been a ward. A trap. She is breaking free.

I think the reasons I gave in my earlier post comport pretty well with those stated in this article. That won't stop the unhinged from thinking the worst, but that's why they are rightly called unhinged.

No comments: