Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Scenes from Election Day 2008























I arrived at my precinct at 6:30 a.m., where a long line awaited me. While there, I struck up a conversation with several different people who knew where I stood immediately, judging from the McCain-Palin baseball cap I was wearing. Happily, they were all on the same team.

Once the doors opened up the line moved fairly quickly. Interestingly, touch-screens here have been replaced with very large cards listing all of the candidates. A broken arrow points to each one. As you stand in a private voting station, you fill in the appropriate arrows with the marker provided. On the way out, the cards run through a scanner and your votes are registered.

Post-vote, I joined a group of McCain-Palin supporters at the corner of Palmetto Park Rd. and Crawford Blvd, where we waved signs and called out to the passing traffic. The overwhelming majority of responses were quite positive, as people honked, pumped their fists and waved. A few Obama supporters flipped us the bird, but what else can you expect?
Perhaps it is unscientific, but if my experience at this east Boca precinct is any indication, Florida will go McCain-Palin.

No comments: