Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Obama Zone

I wrote this parody song and posted it on Facebook on December 30, 2008. It was pretty well received, so a few of my contacts on that site are working with me to create a companion video, which I will eventually post here. Until then, here are the lyrics:

Intro: Everywhere in America on November 4, 2008

It's 10 p.m., the election's done. I just can't believe it, but Obama has won. It's like a freakin' nightmare; the whole county spins into a frenzy.

There's Marxists on the loose; liberals in my head. Tried to educate the voters, but all circuits were dead. Can't get no connection, can't get through, boy we're screwed!

Oh, the night weighs heavy on a patriot's mind, our country's on the borderline,
When the Islamists come, they know damn well we won't confront them!

And I say --Help, I'm steppin' into Obama's zone,
This is a madhouse, Clintons won't stay gone.
My God and my guns and my favorite car,
Where am I to go now that he's gone too far?

What will we come to know, when Obama takes the oath?
What will we come to know, when Obama take the oath?

Help I'm steppin' into Obama's zone,
This is a madhouse, freedom's on its own.
With Global Jihad, Ayers and Reverend Wright,
Where am I to go to find leaders who'll fight?

No comments: