Sunday, January 18, 2009

Great Moments in Eagles History

As we get ready for some "fitball" today, I thought I'd post a few of my favorite moments as a lifelong Eags fan. Go Westie, Dawk, McNabb, Sav, Akers and the rest of the team!!!!

First, a little trip down memory lane with Bill Bergey, Ron Jaworski and other prominent figures in the Eagles organization:



This is one of my all-time favorite plays, one I witnessed in person on a frigid day at the Vet on January 11, 1981, along with my brother Paul and sister Carolyn. A true gentleman and team-player, Wilbert Montgomery electrified the crowd with this touchdown run against Dallas. It remains one of my fondest memories of growing up!



And who can forget the Miracle at the Meadowlands:



E-A-G-L-E-S, EAGLES!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: Heartbreak! Oh well, the fact that the Eagles even made it to the NFC Championship game this year was a shocker. Looks like I'll have to focus back on book promotion and sales to keep my mind off of Washington D.C., and what is about to transpire there. Sigh!

No comments: