Saturday, January 9, 2010

The Liberty Belle Hour Photo Montage

At a good friend's suggestion, I decided to create a photo montage to use for my new show on wafs. It's far from perfect, but nevertheless, a good retrospective of the past year that includes Water Signs book events, tea party protests and family gatherings.

I tried to incorporate enough symbolism to reflect my birth in the City of Brotherly Love, traditional upbringing in a nearby suburb and conservative activism in South Florida.

"I've Got A Name" by Jim Croce (another native Philadelphian) was selected, since it is a tribute to the power and strength of the individual when allowed to live in freedom. "Independence Day" by Martina McBride, a metaphor for domestic violence, is also rather appropriate, since our tyrannical federal government is behaving very much like an abusive spouse.

Hope you can tune into the show next Thursday, January 14, when my guest will be the author of Blue Water Comic's Reagan Comic Book, Don Smith.

No comments: