Friday, March 20, 2009

Governor Sarah Palin on the Special Olympics

Those of you who know Doc Paul, Mark and me are aware that we are privileged to have a very special family member in the form of our brother Ralph, born in 1959 with Down syndrome. I've written extensively about him in my columns, and created a character based on him in my book, Water Signs: A Story of Love and Renewal.

Thanks to Ed Morrissey of Hot Air, I came across this wonderful video of Sarah articulating her support of the Special Olympics, and her own hopes and dreams for her son, Trig. Watching it only intensified the immense respect and admiration I have for her, as well as my already formidable anger at the MSM character-assassins, whose deplorable coverage during the 2008 campaign was purposely intended to destroy her, at least in a political sense.

Since Ralph is the second-oldest in our family (Mark being the big brother of all), and seven years older than me (the youngest child), I never did get to experience him as cute, chubby little baby, though his photos are some of the most adorable I've seen of any infant or toddler. In this video, Trig appears to be a happy, active and alert -- not to mention pudgy -- baby, whose presence in the lives of his family members brings indescribable joy. To think, 90% of these wonderful creations of God are aborted when discovered to have an extra chromosome! What a tragic reality.

Which brings me to our perpetual Campaigner-in Chief. I refuse to post his Leno video here for many reasons, including the fact that this narcissist seems to yearn for the "glory days" of the campaign trail, while the day-to-day responsibilities of the presidency bore him to tears. And yes, I am seething over his Special Olympics comment, which I find reprehensible, especially given the fact that this monster couldn't bring himself to vote in favor of The Born Alive Infant Protection Act. I think of Jill Stanek's video, and the nameless little baby with Down syndrome she comforted until he drew his last breath -- a life that, to people like Obama is not worthy of space here on earth. How Stalin- and Hitler-esque of this diligent little Alinsky student!

So yeah, I take offense at his comment mostly because I am aware of his disturbing track record as it pertains to the sanctity of human life. When I watch the video below of such an intelligent, accomplished, loving and resilient woman, you bet I get angry, wondering what might have been. And to all of the fools who bought into the outrageous media narrative painting a former business owner, city council member, mayor and sitting governor as somehow too "inexperienced" to be "a heartbeat away from the presidency," I hope you are prepared for the consequences of what your willful ignorance has wrought upon the USA. The rest of us are going to keep fighting for our country.

God bless the Palin family!




UPDATE: From Jim Geraghty, Governor Palin responds to Obama's comments.

No comments: